aligning lyrics to hidden notes

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: aligning lyrics to hidden notes
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:09:34 +0100

I've been trying for some time now to align lyrics
to an hidden melody but when I try that all the rests
end up attached to the bottom line of the pentagram,
which looks like a bug in lilypond itself, can anyone
see if that's the case (a bug) or I'm doing something
wrong ?

Here's the .ly file:
http://strk.kbt.io/tmp/quizas-broken-basspart.ly

This is a summary of offending section (look for
"bassPart" in the .ly above for the actual section):

    bassPart = {
    <<

      \new Staff {
        <<

        % UNCOMMENTING THE LINE BELOW
        % MOVES ALL RESTS TO THE BOTTOM !!
        %\new NullVoice = "vocal" { \melody }

        \new Voice = "bass" { \bassline }

      }

      %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "vocal" \words_line_one

    }

I cannot attach "words_line_one" to "vocal" NullVoice
unless I define it...

Can anyone help me making my bass player aware of lyrics ? :)

Thanks in advance !

--strk;