Re: Pitch inflection

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Pitch inflection
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 20:47:29 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018, David Kastrup wrote:
> > as closely as possible I don't want to substitute quarter-tone symbols. Is
> > there a simple way to insert arrows in place of accidentals? Playback is
> > not an issue.
>
> Quarter notes wouldn't work anyway since you'd not be able to
> distinguish a quarter note up from e from a quarter note down from f.

Really?  The input { eih'1 feh'1 } seems to work for me, producing
distinct "e half-sharp" and "f half-flat" notation even though in 24-EDO
these are the same pitch.  It seems like just replacing the "half-sharp"
and "half-flat" symbols with up and down arrows would be enough to satisfy
the original poster's request.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.