Re: Any interest in participating in GSoC for SugarLabs project that uti

From: Devin Ulibarri
Subject: Re: Any interest in participating in GSoC for SugarLabs project that utilizes lilypond?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 03:01:00 +0000

Hi,

I am not going to bump this too many more times, but is anyone
interested in being a mentor for GSoC for our project.

As a sample, you might be asked for your advice on a question such as:

> What do we do about \partial 1/3 and other fractions that we can only
approximate with powers of 2 ???
Originally posted:
https://github.com/walterbender/musicblocks/issues/1061#issuecomment-361060372

(asking whether or not we can have pickup measures that are comprised of
tuplets--N.B. we use fractions for note values, which differs from lilypond)

...you would give your advise on the best solution and the student's job
would be to implement it. If they ever got into any trouble, then Walter
Bender, our lead programmer would help them with the technical coding.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Devin

Devin Ulibarri: