Re: Slow compilation

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Slow compilation
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 06:48:17 -0500

On 2/1/2018 6:43 AM, Peter Toye wrote:
David,

Sorry, I thought this was a well-known issue which had already been solved. There's some Nabble chat about Windows 10. I thought I had an email trail for it, but that also seems to have disappeared. Or never existed.

I'm on 2.19.52 now. That was what I used last time, but I'm sure that it didn't take 38 seconds to compile a 31-bar piece of polyphony.

The OS is Windows 7 - that hasn't changed either.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------

address@hidden> writes:

>> Compilation has become very slow, and I suspect it's a return to the
>> font caching problem. I thought I'd asked this question before a year
>> or two ago, but I can't find it in Nabble so I must be dreaming.

>> Can someone please remind me what to do?

> Something must have changed.  You don't bother stating what
> system/version you had before the change, and you don't bother stating
> what you had afterwards.

Peter,

My batch file should work for you as well, even though I am on Win10 and you are on Win7.

(Also, disregard the "REM" comment in my batch where it says files older than 30 days. I must have forgotten to go back and change the comment after I made the final edits to my batch.)

The code I gave to you deletes all the files in the folder.
But of course you can always manually delete the files as needed by just navigating to it.

Does deleting these files help your compile times?

%USERPROFILE%\.lilypond-fonts.cache-2