Re: duration longer than meter?

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: duration longer than meter?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 20:39:10 +0100

I only have some limited knowledge of music, have transcribed Gymnopedies repeatedly in the past. To my knowledge there are two different voices, for example one with a pointed half note and and the second voice is a half note with a quarter rest. Your example might be an error, Have you check different editions for your example?

\relative c {
  \clef bass
  \time 3/4or
e2. <b' a'>4

}
for
Am 03.02.2018 19:08, schrieb Vivyan
I need these notes to fit within the same meter? How can I stop lilypond from
pushing the notes out?

lower = \relative c {
  \clef bass
  \time 3/4