Re: duration longer than meter?

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: duration longer than meter?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 21:07:04 +0100

Tricky! Thanks! Might help in some (filthy) notation situations.

Am 03.02.2018 20:58, schrieb Stefano Troncaro:
Hi Vivyan.

Although others have already pointed out that in this example you'll
be better off using simultaneous voices, I'll answer your original
question by saying that Lilypond allows you to modify the length of a
note. For example: e2.*1/3 will show a dotted half-note while
occupying one third of that duration, meaning it will take the same
space as a quarter note.

This being said, I have to emphasize that I would not advise you
engrave this measure in this way, and use different voices instead.

I hope you find that useful,
Stéfano