Re: Rhytm problem

From: Dr. Emre PINARBASI
Subject: Re: Rhytm problem
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 16:11:30 +0300

I changed my code

<<
\new RhythmicStaff
{
\numericTimeSignature
\time 4/4
  c2 c4 \stemDown c4
\addlyrics {
  \override LyricText.font-size = #-2
    Düüm Te Ke
}

Is there any clef for percussion note?

Ondokuz Mayıs Üniversitesi Devlet Konservatuvarı wrote
> Is it possible to open the gap between the measurement figures and the
> first note?

Merhaba Emre,

First let me state that I consider using lyrics the best compromise when
trying to achieve a half-way rhythmically consistent spacing in combination
with rather long syllables ("Düüm").
I'd even use a smaller font size and/or a condensed font, eventually.
In my example coding below,
*\override LyricText.font-size = #-2*
doesn't obscure the natural spacing anymore.

The gap between time signature and first note can be set as follows:
*\override Staff.TimeSignature.space-alist.first-note = #'(fixed-space . 4)*

A complete list of all the internal properties of TimeSignature can be found
here:
3.1.126 TimeSignature
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/timesignature>

Using the reduced font-size, the default gap (2) isn't too bad, though.

By the way:

\relative c' { ... } doesn't make any sense in a \RhythmicStaff.

\startStaff is completely unnecessary

You can use the short forms \stemUp, \stemDown, \stemNeutral instead of
\override Stem.direction = #...

\override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##f has no effect, either.

Based on your laste example, you'll get

%%%
<<
  \new RhythmicStaff {
    \numericTimeSignature
    \override Staff.TimeSignature.space-alist.first-note = #'(fixed-space .
4)
    \time 4/4
    c2 c4 \stemDown c4
  }