Re: Gis major key signature; Lily's key signature algorithm

From: shane
Subject: Re: Gis major key signature; Lily's key signature algorithm
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 08:13:07 -0500

Organ's can be tuned equally with ease, although it is fairly time intensive. (A midsize instrument, say 25 stops, will take about 8 hrs. to do) It is not a lack of competence but a general lack of consistent temperature that frequently gives the general tuning fuzziness to the organ. It is a very temperature dependent creature for sure. I played on one for awhile that come winter was irrittingly out of tune for the first 10 minutes of the service as the organ chamber did not warm nearly as fast as the rest of the building. By the end of the service it sounded very decent. There have been others that have been just as adversely affected by the immense amount of heat the lighting systems put out so by the end of the service the reeds were always a risky proposition.

-Shane

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device