Re: does the custom \dynamic function create DynamicText grobs?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: does the custom \dynamic function create DynamicText grobs?
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 02:00:31 +0100

> Hi Harm,
>
> Does the snippet below show expected behaviour from your custom \dynamic
> function?
> I would have expected the \omit to affect both "dynamic texts"…
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.
>
> %%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
[...]

Hi Kieren,

in a nutshell the code works as this minimal:

{
  c'1
    -\tweak before-line-breaking
      #(lambda (grob)
        (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'stencil
          (grob-interpret-markup grob "ff")))
    -#(make-music 'AbsoluteDynamicEvent)
}

So, yes DynamicText is caused, but you can't nuke the stencil via
\omit (which would be stencil-override).
But you could do it later.

Applying

\override DynamicText.after-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob) (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'stencil '()))

will work, though.

Cheers,
  Harm