Re: Colored scores for Rock bandconsisting of members with mental disabl

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Colored scores for Rock bandconsisting of members with mental disablilities
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 15:17:24 +0100

Hello Hallvard,

Am 11.02.2018 um 15:09 schrieb Hallvard Paulsen:
Hello Ben
Yes I have installed the program (and the frescobaldi editor) on an old linux computer I have laying around.

And I have also checked that lilypond has the basic functionallity (colored/numbered noteheads, and midi output) needed.

However, in the documentation you are reffering to they are assining colors to individual noteheads, but I want a consistant use of color.
I.e. all "g-s" should be colored red, all "sharp g-s" have a "2" as the note head and so on.

I'm not sure I understand correctly, but doesn't that deviate completely from the image you sent with your first post?

But it is very possible to apply predefined colors to specific pitch classes or use a number for other pitch classes. To achieve such things we have so-called callback functions that are called when a note is to be printed. It can then check for some conditions (e.g. the pitch class) and modify the object to be printed. So it's possible to set a certain color to a pitch or replace the note head (and apply color if you want).

It would be very nice if it would be easily possible to transpose(? not sure this is the correct English word) the score should we get a different vocalist at some time in the future..

If you transpose a score, say, one whole note downwards then an a' will become a g'. Do I understand correctly that this note should then also get the color fo the g'?
Then it is totally straightforward: if you transpose the music an a' will become a g', and the process described in the previous paragraph will be applied to the g'.

HTH
Urs

Regards,
Hallvard