Re: Front pages

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Front pages
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:08:05 -0500

Hi Mark,

> Is there a way of adding a front page with graphics, title etc to a
> Lilypond book, with the numbering starting at 1 on the first other
> book page?

Yes. You can use bookparts to manage this inside Lilypond.

If you're willing to use more than Lilypond, there are several excellent
options. I personally use a LaTeX template, which imports the Lilypond
books/scores where appropriate — this gives me excellent typesetting (much
better than Lilypond offers), while still letting Lilypond do her wonderful
thing on the music engraving. But that kind of thing may be too much for your
needs.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer