Re: OT: typewriter LaTeX package

From: mskala
Subject: Re: OT: typewriter LaTeX package
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 10:29:43 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018, Urs Liska wrote:
> Sorry for the OT post, but I just have to share this new LaTeX package:
> http://www.ctan.org/pkg/typewriter
>
> I really hope I'll find an opportunity to use it soon:-)

Cute.  For the genuine typewriter feel, it's important for the
between-sentences space to be twice the width of the between-words space;
that may not be standard for proportional typesetting (even LaTeX's
standard 1.33 factor is no longer popular) but the double-width sentence
space was universal in typewritten texts when typewriters were common.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.