Re: OT: typewriter LaTeX package

From: Hugh S. Myers
Subject: Re: OT: typewriter LaTeX package
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 11:04:23 -0700

If memory serves (touch typist since 1963) it was assumed to be universal.  I had a good deal of correspondence with folks across the pond and never thought twice about the double space post-sentence. I think with the advent of first the IBM Selectric and much later the Apple/Postscript combination, somewhere in there it sort of went away!

Love the new package BTW! Tre retro :)

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 10:42 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018, Urs Liska wrote:
> > that may not be standard for proportional typesetting (even LaTeX's
> > standard 1.33 factor is no longer popular) but the double-width sentence
> > space was universal in typewritten texts when typewriters were common.
> >

> Are you sure this is not related to language and culture? I can't recall

It may be.  I was talking about English-language typewritten texts.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.