Re: Two suggestions for documentation

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Two suggestions for documentation
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:04:37 -0500

On 2/16/2018 6:51 AM, Peter Toye wrote:
May I suggest two enhancements to the documentation - neither should take too long to do.

1) In the "Octave check" section of the Notation manual, add a reference to the \resetRelativeOctave command. It's hidden away in the notation manual tables, and is far too useful to be ignored, especially when composing or arranging, when I often need to move notes around to make them more playable.

Hi Peter,

I found the Reset Relative command right at the beginning, in section 1.1.1 of the notation manual...right at the "how to input pitches" section. Did you notice that as well?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/writing-pitches

2) In at least the Learning and Notation manuals, add an alphabet with links at the head of each index. The indexes are (of necessity) very long, and scrolling down them is a bit of a pain.

The big HTML pages you mean, or strictly the PDF documentation?

I'd do it myself, but I don't have access to a PDF editor as it's not the sort of thing I usually do. They're not cheap (at least the Windows ones) - or does anyone here know better?

Regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com