Re: Re[2]: Re-direct write processes in Frescobaldi?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Re-direct write processes in Frescobaldi?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 10:07:51 +1100

Hi Joshua,

So you are just ignoring all the test results about SSD drives? You think that Macbook Air users should all rush to buy an external disk? As previously, suggested, google the many test results on drive endurance, and take it easy, and discard the myth you hold on to which dates from early SSD drives when the technology was in its infancy. The only reason I write this is that many people search the archives of this forum for advice and it's better not to promote inaccurate views about drives here, for the sake of others who may also be uncertain about this in the future.

Depending what you mean by a long time, a current SSD will last from 5 to 7 years. If your SSD fails it can be replaced without losing the whole computer by a tech, even if soldered to the board - unsoldering stations are common and used by all techs, and the drive is possibly mounted  by a plug socket and screw like M2 SSD drives. So again, don't worry.

Andrew