using lilypond in LaTeX (MacTeX)

From: Brian J. Christie
Subject: using lilypond in LaTeX (MacTeX)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:25:03 -0500

Good Morning,

I am somewhat new to using LaTeX.  I recently upgraded from 2013 to 2017 MacTex and installed Lilypond 2.18.2.  I have tried to incorporate some simple lilypond code in LaTex and it hasn't worked yet.

I can create a pdf directly from Lilypond.  Specifically, I can compile -> typeset file the attached "Welcome to Lilypond" file.  (Both code and pdf attached) But I cannot run lilypond code in MacTeX.  I get an error that says that Lilypond.sty is missing.

I have put \usepackage{lilypond} in the preamble.

I am attaching the First Music.tex and associated files.  I get the .pdf after hitting enter several times to get through the errors.

What am I doing incorrectly?
Thank you for your help.  I am hoping the solution is simple.

I am running Mac OsX v. 10.13.3 with 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7.

Brian