Re: A couple of questions about Edition Engraver

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: A couple of questions about Edition Engraver
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:34:14 +0100

Hi David,

Urs already answered. I understand your concerns about the input and I am always open for ideas to ease the input for the edition-engraver. Like Urs already mentioned your proposal will be difficult to implement because it doesn't use the standard parser schemes. But it sheds light on how others might expect an easy/consistent input.

What is not explained in the demo files (yet) is: You are always free to use constructs like

\editionMod test 1 0/4 Voice {
  <>(
  \once \override NoteHead.color = #red
  \once \override Beam.color = #red
}

To address multiple time steps at once you can use \editionModList, to address multiple contexts at once you can use regular expressions and wildcards like in https://github.com/openlilylib/edition-engraver/blob/master/usage-examples/development-3.ly

Your example implies that it would be a useful feature if one can split timing and context information into several layers. I'll think about it.

I am going to focus on the edition-engraver development in April or May.

Jan-Peter