Re: Fermatas with tremolos

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Fermatas with tremolos
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:17:13 -0500

Hi Simon,

> I think the best way to do it would be essentially an override to the beam,
> adding the fermata to its stencils. However I have to call on the expect
> Schemers around here (Harm, David N.?) for finishing it, since I haven’t been
> able to align the fermata to the horizontal center of the beam.

This was Harm's suggestion from a few years ago:

\version "2.19.32"

fermataOverTremolo =
#(define-music-function (mus)(ly:music?)
#{
  \once \omit TupletBracket
  %% maybe add this?
  %\once \override TupletNumber.outside-staff-priority = 100
  \once \override TupletNumber.text =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (let ((dir (ly:grob-property grob 'direction)))
      (markup
        #:musicglyph (format #f "scripts.~afermata" (if (= dir 1) "u" "d")))))
  \times 1/1
  $mus
#})

\relative c,
{
  \voiceTwo
  \fermataOverTremolo \repeat tremolo 16 { a32 c }
}

Maybe that helps?
K.

Kieren MacMillan, composer