Re: LilyPond/LaTeX template for Anglican chant

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: LilyPond/LaTeX template for Anglican chant
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 20:17:38 -0600

On Sun 11 Feb 2018 at 10:54:11 (+0100), Michael Gerdau wrote:
> Hi Gregrs,
>
> > In case it's useful to anyone, I've just created a template for>
> > typesetting psalms with Anglican chant using LilyPond, LaTeX and GNU
> Make.> > https://github.com/gregrs-uk/anglican-chant-template
> Looks nice.
>
> However this is possible with lilypond alone.
>
> Find below links to the anglican chants I've created so far. The macros
> involved have been created with decisive help from Harm (well, he
> basically did all the scheme magic) and a member of the german Lilypond
> Group, whose name I currently seem to be unable to dig out.
>
> I have started to write an entry for Urs's lilypond blog about this but
> got distracted...hope to do it one day though.
>
> Anyway, here are the links. I'm happy to answer questions w/r to it's use.
>
> http://qata.de/upload/psalms.zip

One of the differences with the way I do psalms is that I make more of
the pointing characters into mnemonic "active" characters:
% * for a breath.
% | for a barline.
% ¬ for a double barline.
% _ for a dot.
% † for a (posh) dagger.
% ¶ for a paragraph mark (looks after the spacing for \P).
(Using ¬ (not) for a double barline is because they're printed where's
there's  not  a break at the half-verse.)
Obviously I have shortcuts like AltGr-P for these characters. (¬ is
on GB keybords.)

Attached is source with its PDF to give you the idea. The
transposition of the second chant is automatically done by a python
preprocessor that spots the @ in the source. (Sorry I don't have
permission to publish that chant.)

(I'm happy to answer questions w/r to it's use.)

Cheers,
David.