LilyPond 2.19.81 for Linux/Ubuntu

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: LilyPond 2.19.81 for Linux/Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 15:38:03 -0500

Hi -

I'm runnning Linux via Ubuntu 16.04, with Frescobaldi 2.18.1.

I just had to reinstall Linux/Ubuntu, and the latest package that's available through Frescobaldi in Ubuntu is 2.18.2, but I have a lot of files that were written in or upgraded to 2.19.80. I had previously installed 2.19.80 via the LilyPond website. That, as far as I can tell, is not currently working.

I found the website for the binaries I need, but I have no clue how to download them or run the install. I have a modicum of experience with the terminal. Could someone respond (probably off-line) to help me figure out how to download and install Ly 2.19.81?

Thanks for your help,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer