Re: shifting lyrics from above to below staff (and back)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: shifting lyrics from above to below staff (and back)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:52:52 -0500

Hi Arne,

> on the subject of shifting objects as discussed here:
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/pushing-items-quot-through-quot-or-quot-beyond-quot-other-contexts-td203550.html#a203567
> has there been any progress on this issue?
[…]
> ok, I've already found an answer, remembering this thread ...
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Vertically-centering-refrain-lyrics-td168444.html#a168448

Those are really two different issues: the first is about arbitrarily
associating a single grob (LyricText, DynamicText, whatever) with a context
other than the one it is originally defined in; the second is a hack to make
Lyrics *appear* to centre themselves when they’re "
"shared" (conceptually, not visually) by multiple voices.

Hope that helps clarify!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info