Re: shifting lyrics from above to below staff (and back)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: shifting lyrics from above to below staff (and back)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:41:25 -0500

Hi Arne,

> I totally agree that those a diffent issues - it is just that for the moment
> that hack serves my purposes in this project [I could have made that clearer
> in my second post ;) ].

Ah. Ok!

> I'd still be interested though to have the ability to insert those grobs the
> way you mentioned in the other thread ...

Well, you can *insert* grobs using the edition-engraver. That's not my feature
request. I want to take an *existing* grob in an *existing* context and
"transport" it somewhere else — like this, but without having to use
extra-offset:

\version "2.18.2"

upper = { c''2 r }
dyn = { s2\f s-\tweak extra-offset #'(0 . -8.75) -\p }
lower = { \clef bass c'2 c }

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \upper
  \new Dynamics \dyn