fretboard diagram - string labels

From: Gilles van Eeden
Subject: fretboard diagram - string labels
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:54:51 +0100

Dear Lilyponders,

I'm trying to create guitar fretboard diagrams like those in the attachment <string_labels.jpg>, which contain functional tone labels per string. I've been looking into extending the Fretboards and fret-diagram objects to incorporate string labels, but for now the code involved is a little over my lispless head. Suggestions as to which external label to use and how to position and format this to match the fretboard diagram are welcome.

Best regards,

Gilles