Re: Snippet 888 string, was Re: Lyric centre-on-word / ignore-punctuatio

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Snippet 888 string, was Re: Lyric centre-on-word / ignore-punctuation bug
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:08:44 -0500

Hi David(s),

>>> Doesn't really look like dealing sensibly with utf-8.
> I was talking about the code, not the string

There's no question it doesn’t handle UTF-8 sensibly: I had to avoid using it
for a score a few weeks ago in which I was using a Ukrainian glyph ("backwards
R").

I would very much appreciate it if Lilypond — via snippet or "base code" — had
an option to automagically centre lyrics on the "letter" portions (which may
change with language/alphabet, I suppose).

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info