Re: Stem forced to be at the right (or left) of the notehead

From: Thomas Morley-2
Subject: Re: Stem forced to be at the right (or left) of the notehead
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 13:25:48 -0700 (MST)

Paolo Prete wrote
> From what I see, the result of the snippet is that the notehead is moved,
> but the stem remains fixed. Instead, I need that the notehead remains in
> its position and the stem is placed on the right...
> thanks for your help

For unknown reasons I don't see your posts on the mailing-list, thus
answering through the nabble-interface...

Probably below may do what you want, although I've no clue what you're
trying to achieve.
See the last example, strange, to say the least.

\version "2.19.65"

{
  \override NoteHead.stem-attachment =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (let* ((stem-attach (ly:note-head::calc-stem-attachment grob))
              (stem (ly:grob-object grob 'stem))
              (stem-thick (ly:grob-property stem 'thickness))
              (layout (ly:grob-layout grob))
              (line-thick (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'line-thickness))
              (blot (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'blot-diameter))
              (stem-dir (ly:grob-property stem 'direction)))
         (if (and (ly:grob? stem) (< stem-dir 0))
             (cons
               (- (+ blot (* stem-thick line-thick)) (car stem-attach))
               (- (cdr stem-attach)))
             stem-attach)))

  d'2
  g''2