Re: Missing messages [was: Stem forced to be at the right (or left) of t

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Missing messages [was: Stem forced to be at the right (or left) of the notehead]
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 22:07:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hello.
Thanks for reporting this issue.
I had the same problem with other mailing lists.
I don't see any other solution than changing the e-mail address, then...

Il Venerdì 2 Marzo 2018 22:47, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> At 13:25 02/03/2018 -0700, Thomas Morley wrote:
>>
>> Paolo Prete wrote

>> For unknown reasons I don't see your posts on the mailing-list, ...
>

> Neither do I. But I can help there: it's all down to Domain-based Message
> Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC). This is a comparatively
> new system whereby mail domains can publish information to confirm or
> otherwise that messages are genuinely sent from a mail server maintained by
> that domain. Paolo Prete's mail domain appears to be yahoo.it, and Yahoo is
> one of the sending domains that uses this system. If he sent to you
> directly, everything would work OK and Gmail would accept the message.
>
> The problem arises with mailing lists. The server forwarding the message -
> in this case Lilypond's - is not a proper source for @yahoo.it messages, of
> course, so Gmail quite properly rejects list messages claiming to be from
> Yahoo addresses as spoofed. (As it happens, so does my mail provider.) If it
> is configured properly, mailing list software can arrange headers so that
> the receiving system - Gmail's in your case - sees his Yahoo server as the
> originator instead of the mailing list's. The problem is that most list
> software available when this protection was introduced was incapable of
> being properly configured. To avoid this effect, Lilypond may need to update
> the list software (apparently Mailman 2.1.21) or maybe just configure it
> differently.
>
> See
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMARC - which includes "In April 2014, Yahoo
> changed its DMARC policy to p=reject, thereby causing misbehavior in several
> mailing lists."
> and
> https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC for details of Mailman's behaviour.
>
> Brian Barker

Hi Brian,

thanks for the info.

Though, in the past, mails from Yahoo, distributed by the
mailing-list, were put into my spam-folder by gmail.
Obviously this changed 2 or 3 days ago. Now I receive nothing...

Reading the first link you provided, the workarounds are not without problems.

Thanks,
  Harm