Re: bookparts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: bookparts
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 19:03:01 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I need some further insights in what a bookpart is.
>> I've read the doc but it is very short on the issue:
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/multiple-scores-in-a-book
>> My understanding from try and error is this (and I would be happy if you
>> could correct me or confirm the statements):
>>

>> \paper blocks inside a \bookpart only affect this bookpart, while \paper
>> blocks outside affect everything. So it seems to be a scoping for paper
>> blocks.
>>
>> Q: Is it correct that the bookpart is a scope for paper blocks?
>
> Hi,
>
> you may be interested in this
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Setting-paper-for-bookpart-td204803.html
> discussion, not that it'll help a lot...

I actually don't have much of an idea how bookparts are supposed to work
and what differentiates them from books reliably and whether books may
be used as bookparts and vice versa and what that means.

The C++ data structures are the same.  books always have a paper block,
but if you add a paper block to a bookpart it will take it well enough
and I don't know how to distinguish them from books then.

--
David Kastrup