Re: Edition Engraver bug?

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Edition Engraver bug?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 11:43:36 +0100

Hi David,

Am 05.03.2018 um 10:42 schrieb David Kastrup:
This is a failure that can happen whenever there are (implicit)
overrides in the music. I'll try to track/fetch overrides generated
outside the EE to avoid this issue.
Any chance to actually use the equivalent of "\once" here?  It's
protected against reverting the wrong override, but this functionality
is not exposed at the Scheme level.

The EE is written entirely in scheme so I don't see a chance. But probably I just don't see it right now.

*the following is just a brainstorm*

The overrides given by \editionMod are applied early in the start-translation-timestep slot and therefore before overrides inside the music are applied (inside process-music ?). If the EE applies overrides inside process-music it is to late. The once-overrides managed by the EE are stored in a list until they are reverted inside stop-translation-timestep. Of course it would be better to give the once-attribute once and let lilypond revert the right property. How would it be possible to listen to overrides? They are not caught when I listen to StreamEvent. Maybe it is to prevent me from implementing bad patterns.

I will later produce a more concise chart on how and when the EE is applying overrides.

Jan-Peter