Re: Change the duration of a chord defined as a variable

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Change the duration of a chord defined as a variable
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 14:04:10 +0100

paolo prete <address@hidden> writes:

>> Take a look at the PDF.  They are there.
>>

> David,
> I can't see them with my version (master)
> I tried with lilybin too (both stable and unstable) and it doesn't even
> compile:
>
> http://lilybin.com/rotn1l/1

It works in master in that \mp ends up in the expression, but indeed it
does so as a note articulation rather than a chord articulation, and
LilyPond just drops \mf on the floor in that position.  Sorry for that.
At any rate, try

\displayMusic <c f> \mp

in order to see the structures being used.  Working with \displayMusic
should help getting more of a clue about what happens here.

--
David Kastrup