Re: Frescobaldi sudden failures on all machines

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi sudden failures on all machines
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 15:38:26 +0100

Am 6. März 2018 15:03:28 MEZ schrieb address@hidden:
>I have been using Frescobaldi for years but today re-running old files
>I see
>the following behaviour.
>

>The compilation proceeds for a while then halts with error -1073741819.
>This
>happens on two different Windows 10 machines with different OS
>versions. It
>happens when attempting to recompile old .ly files.
>

>Frescobaldi error messages are notoriously obscure.  I have uninstalled
>ad
>re-installed Frescobaldi and rebooted to no effect.
>

>Does anyone have any suggestions to isolate this issue. I suspect it
>may be
>about file permissions but that is just a suspicion.

I second Andrew's suspicion that it is not related to Frescobaldi at all. If
Frescobaldi fails you would either get an error pop-up or in severe cases the
Window might disappear.
If you can read about an error in the log window it's most likely a LilyPond
error.

Please compile your files directly using LilyPond from the command line, then
report what is happening.

Best
Urs