Re: Centered full-measure rest in 3/4?

From: Karen Billings
Subject: Re: Centered full-measure rest in 3/4?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 16:49:40 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I couldn't figure out how to override the stencil (I'm afraid I'm still too much of a novice), but I finally figured out how to shift a regular rest horizontally so it appears a bit more centered.

Thank you again!

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:45 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Karen,

> I am setting an interlude for a colleague. She has specified a full-measure centered rest, notated as a dotted half-rest. I have searched the documentation for several hours and cannot seem to figure out how to do this.
> I want the rest in measure 2, but centered like the rest in measure 1. Advice?

I assume you’d want to use a MultiMeasureRest (i.e., R2.), and override the stencil to look like you want it to.

Hope that puts you on the right path!

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website:
‣ email: address@hidden