Re: Having trouble understanding optional and variable amount of argumen

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Having trouble understanding optional and variable amount of arguments
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 22:02:54 +0100

> Stefano Troncaro <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> @David
>> Thank you. The define-syntax and syntax-rules thing looked easier to
>> understand at first glance so I tried to use that. I'll experiment with
>> macros then.
>
> If we want to get rid of those problems: Guile-1.8 is no longer
> officially maintained.  I think someone forked it for his own purposes.
> We might want to cooperate with him regarding some official place where
> one can fix those bugs.

I've tested with my guilev2-lilypond.:

\version "2.21.0"

#(define-syntax test
   (syntax-rules ()
     ((test conditional true false)
      (if conditional
          true
          false))))

#(test #t (display "I'm true!\n") (display "I'm false!\n"))

Works out of the box, no need for (use-syntax (ice-9 syncase)).
`use-syntax' gives an error now. Obviously it's dropped from guilev2.

> Thi-something?  I am bad with names.

You likely refer to
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2017-03/msg00087.html
from Thien-Thi Nguyen