Thriple flat/sharp glyphs...

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Thriple flat/sharp glyphs...
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 07:41:45 -0700 (MST)

Dear LilyPond user community,

As the issue reappeared again, I'm currently implementing triple
flats/sharps (as exotic as they may be).

There are very few examples and therefore, I'd like to ask the community at
large what they think about the glyphs I've prepared.
It's a question of design (and usability), that's why I'm not writing to the
development list for this inquiry.

*Triple flat*

You can find a combination of flat and flatflat ligature.
This takes up a lot of space and, to me, looks rather uneven.
Therefore, I've created a triple-ligature by adding another (slightly
compressed) left b to the existing bb glyph.

The new note names for triple-flat just extend the existing standard (e.g.
Suffixes -fff in English, -eseses in Dutch, -bbb in French/Spanish/... etc.)

*Triple sharp*

Common representation seems to be #x, albeit there is an example of x#.
I'm going for #x.

The English note names for double-sharp can be coded with suffix -ss and -x
(mimicking the double-sharp cross symbol).
English note names for triple sharp:
Suffix -sss and -sx (because of #x)
All other languages: extending the standard

The are mainly two real-life examples hovering in the internet (Reger and
Alkan):
Real-life triple flat example (Reger)
<http://dictionary.onmusic.org/terms/3683-triple_flat>
Real-Life triple sharp example (Alkan)
<http://dictionary.onmusic.org/terms/3687-triple_sharp>

The two new signs demonstrated in simplified excerpts taken from the above
examples currently look like:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/triple-accidentals-in-use.png>

Any comments, improvement proposals, complaints, Vetos?

Thanks for having a look
Torsten