Re: My Lilypond 2.18 crashes when combining slur and tie on a note

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Re: My Lilypond 2.18 crashes when combining slur and tie on a note
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:58:40 +0100

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 01:40:48AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Frank Steinmetzger <address@hidden> writes:
> > […]
> > This snippet causes Lilypond to crash on my machines. Both run Gentoo Linux
> > with identical versions, namely Lilypoind 2.18.2. I installed 2.18.2 on an
> > Ubuntu and an Arch installation. Both of them have no problem. :'-(
>
> You are likely compiling 2.18.2 with a compiler version that is too new
> (and optimises out a this == 0 comparison).  There is an issue/patch in
> the 2.19 development fixing this but you might find a compiler option
> that leaves off this optimization.

FWIW: I’m on gcc 6.4.0, the compiler flags used to build Lilypond are:
-march=native -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -ggdb
AFAIR, -O2 is the default on a Gentoo system.

Last December the maintainers made a change which required me to rebuild
the entire system:

“Where supported, GCC will now build position-independent executables (PIE)
by default.”

There is 2.19.80 available in the repository, so I could give it a try easily.

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

“If you enjoy wasting time, is that time really wasted?” – Philosoraptor