Re: Thriple flat/sharp glyphs...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Thriple flat/sharp glyphs...
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 12:00:24 +0100

Torsten Hämmerle <address@hidden> writes:

> Werner LEMBERG wrote
>>> I just used \score inside a custom markup-command and set the size
>>> by \layout { #(layout-set-staff-size design_size) }
>>>
>>> It looks as if #(layout-set-staff-size) doesn't scale down all the
>>> distances.
>>
>> I think this behaviour is correct – the idea is to have staves with
>> different sizes aligned vertically.
>
> The behaviour is correct for a score with mixed-size staves, I agree.
> But the documentation uses #(layout-set-staff-size ...) directly in the
> \layout block at the very end of the score. This suggests that the command
> is meant for the whole score in this case.
> But I'll take a closer look at this on occasion bevor filing a bug report.

Please note that there is also score markup.  I don't want to imply that
score markup is currently being scaled correctly (this turned out a
surprisingly icky thing) but there are uses for them (like trill
executions which should likely not reserve space in the original score)
that might warrant this kind of command.

--
David Kastrup