Re: The Power of Lilypond

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: The Power of Lilypond
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 06:24:51 +1000

Hi Urs,

I'll definitely write you a post for the Scores of Beauty page. I'll start this weekend.

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it.

Craig

On 15 March 2018 at 08:10, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Craig,

Am 14.03.2018 um 21:13 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
Hi all,

I thought some of you might like to see this document. It uses Scholarly, Lilyglyphs and lyluatex all in the ONE document. It's a huge leap forward! It has saved heaps of time and avoided the mess of multiple files and having to concatenate them together as a PDF.

A huge thank you to all the developers who make this kind of thing possible.

The document is the opening pages of a new Critical Edition of a score by Catel from the French Revoution.

It makes me really happy to look at this document, thanks so much for sharing! Even on this list we rarely get the opportunity to see finished products with the whole context.  But of course it makes me particularly happy to see some of my work bearing fruits and helping others to produce beautiful volumes.

Maybe it would be a great thing if you could write a blog post about this work describing in not-too-much depth the different technologies that play together here. I think this would be a strong complement to the more theoretical posts about the advantages of our set of tools and would make a good item one could easily refer to.

Best
Urs

All the best,

Craig