Re: Tie/Accidental Collision

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Tie/Accidental Collision
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 08:58:28 -0400

Hi Sam,

> In the attached MWE, I'm having difficulties correcting the collision between
> the tie and the accidental.
> The documentation has ample support for slur/accidental collisions, but I'm
> having trouble fixing the collision with ties.
> I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

Don’t forget you can use whiteout (see snippet, below).
That’s how I would probably handle this case, to avoide distortions.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.81"
\language "english"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
      \override Tie.layer = #-2
      \override Accidental.layer = #-1
      \override Accidental.whiteout-style = #'outline
      \override Accidental.whiteout = #2

left = \relative c {
  \time 2/2
  <<
    {
      s4 <a' c>2 q4~ |
      q q2 <fs a>4 |
    }
    \\
    {
      <ef ef'>-> <d d'>-> |

\score {
    \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass \left }
}
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info