Re: Is lilypond suitable for big composition projects?

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Is lilypond suitable for big composition projects?
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:27:06 -0500

On 3/22/2018 10:35 AM, Jonas Daverio wrote:
I've been using LilyPond with Frescobaldi for a year and a half, but I start to ask myself if it is as efficient as if I had used another tool like Musescore.

The Musescore features that show and play notes as they are entered are very nice. I can see those would grow on me. But I've used Musescore for maybe 2 projects ever, although I've set it up for several other people. I mostly do transcription work, and I am more productive if I don't have to think about page layout questions until I'm done. Then LilyPond does its thing, and I only have to look for anything that wants adjusting.

When someone asks me for help choosing notation software, I reply with some form of "They all have some strong points, and they all have some frustrations."
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA