Re: Is lilypond really suitable for composing?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Is lilypond really suitable for composing?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:37:32 +0100

I as a singer/songwriter with limited notational skills also use pen and staff
paper for the first draft(s) but then need a tool that lets me hear if I got
the rhythm right. (Even if that’s always a matter of interpretation and may
change in every verse.)
And as a quality aware typesetter and a programmer I just love LilyPond.
But if I’m trying several rhythmic variants (syncopes, triplets), because I
often don’t know what it is exactly what I hear in my head, it’s a tedious
approach to e.g. change several places and maybe voices from syncopation to
tuplets and back, or is it a timing change... Some of my songs are quite
irregular, but I want proper sheets.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle