Re: Bug? getting the stencil of the stem removes the beam

From: Lucas Werkmeister
Subject: Re: Bug? getting the stencil of the stem removes the beam
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 23:52:47 +0100

Sorry for the even later reply, but this seems to work great as well – and thanks for updating the snippet already :)

Cheers,
Lucas

On 18.03.2018 19:35, Thomas Morley wrote:
Hi Lucas,

sorry for the late reply

Perhaps we can submit this as an update for the snippet repository? (I’d be
happy to do the paperwork if you’re okay with it.)

Not tested beyond the given examples, though.

FWIW, it seems to work fine in the larger score where I encountered this
issue (though the situation there isn’t really more complicated than in
these examples).
In further testings I observed a disadvantage of the approach via
Stem.positioning-done:

If a user has different sized note-heads in a chord, the zero-value is
not a neutral element.

See:

{
  \once \override Stem.positioning-done = #(positioning-done '(0 0))
  <
   \tweak style #'slash
   c'
   g'
  >2
}

To fix it, I think one would need to reimplement (with hooks to
customize the behaviour) the note-head/stem-placing-procedures in
scheme.
Apart from my lazyness ... it feels like overkill.

Thus I implemented a different code in the lsr-snippet.
Replacing the stencil-calls (only needed for getting the extents) by
the grob-extents.

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=861

WYT?

Best,