Re: Extra space at the beginning of the bar

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Extra space at the beginning of the bar
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 16:26:17 +0200

> Again: I think that these events [SkipEvents] must be managed as graphic
> objects, with
> the extra-spacing-width and X-offset properties. I don't understand why they
> don't implement these interfaces and I wonder if is there a way to override
> this behaviour (with some _global_ scheme code)

SkipEvents don't cause any grob itself.
This is a feature!

As soon as other (post-)events are attached to a SkipEvent they get
parents like PaperColum and VerticalAxisGroup.
Ofcourse those attached events may cause grobs, which are taken into
account by the spacing-engine.

For spacing wishes for single SkipEvents you may use the SpacingSpanner:

{
  \override Score.SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment = 10
  s4
  \revert Score.SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment
  \newSpacingSection
  c''2.

  Harm