Re: please direct to manual; different time signatures for different ins

From: Ben
Subject: Re: please direct to manual; different time signatures for different instruments
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:33:48 -0400

On 3/26/2018 1:29 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
On 25/03/18 23:39, Ben wrote:
On 2018-03-25 12:19 PM, Sam Frybyte wrote:
I don't even know what this is called so finding it in the manual has
me stymied.
I am using version 2.18.2
Thanks in advance.

I believe someone has already directed you to polymetric notation, but
here is a *very* rough piece using scaled durations, more whimsical
that skilled, I'm afraid, but it might suggest something.

Cheers,
Colin
Thanks for sharing this file with us! It's interesting to look at how
you approach polymetric projects...

PS. I think you have a small typo in your paper block, I got an error
with it here :)

system-system-spacing.basic-distance = #18

instead of
system-system-spacing  #'basic-distance = #18

Just guessing, but ...

I hit a problem like that. Check the version that it was written for,
compared with the version you're using. I think you'll find the syntax
has changed.

"man convert-ly" :-)

Cheers,
Wol

Indeed, that's a good idea -

But I just opened the file that was attached and hit engrave as is.
It was already using \version "2.19.6" in the code which is what made me pause in the first place.  :) Thanks!