Printing lower continuo figures only

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Printing lower continuo figures only
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 01:31:38 +1100

Hi all,

I am currently reproducing a continuo part, and am having trouble achieving a particular effect: printing a continuo figure in the lower position only. So in the first example in the attached image, I want the '3' to appear on the lower line, at the same height as the '4' to the left of it.

I've tried inserting a dummy figure above it and using \once \hide FiguredBass.BassFigure, but it hides both figures. And I tried turning Bass Extender Lines on and then hiding the line stencil (see second example), but this doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone got an idea how to do this, or what I might be doing wrong? (aside from messing with the offsets, which is a bit approximate for me).

And while I'm here: is there any easy way of adjusting the font size of the continuo figures, but not the symbols (#, b, etc)?

Regards,

Brent.

\version "2.19.65"
<<
\relative c' { \clef bass
  g2 ~ g
}
\figures {
<7 3>2 <6 4>4 <3>
}

%trying to hide the figure with an extender line, and then
%deleting the extender line

<<
\relative c' { \clef bass
  g2 ~ g
}
\figures { \bassFigureExtendersOn

\override FiguredBass.BassFigureLine.stencil = ##f <7 3>2 <6 4>4 <6 3>