Re: Printing lower continuo figures only

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Printing lower continuo figures only
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 22:05:20 +0200

Hi,

I am currently reproducing a continuo part, and am having trouble achieving a particular effect: printing a continuo figure in the lower position only. So in the first example in the attached image, I want the '3' to appear on the lower line, at the same height as the '4' to the left of it.

That's a problem I frequently encounter. Most often I print an additional 4 which I set to white; but since I didn't manage to tweak the colour for a single bass figure, I use a \markup { \number 4 } which additionally has to be tuned to the right font size.

What would be really helpful here would be a placeholder/dummy "empty bass figure" which takes up the amount of vertical space any regular bass figure takes. But I do not know how hard it would be to add such a thing.

Best
Lukas