Re: Need someone testing XML file in Finale and Sibelius (and Dorico)

From: lists
Subject: Re: Need someone testing XML file in Finale and Sibelius (and Dorico)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 18:04:48 +0000

7. Mai 2018 18:51, "Jacques Menu Muzhic" <address@hidden> schrieb:

> Would it be a reasonable approach to have LilyPond first produce data in
> memory, i.e. Scheme data
> representing the whole score, and then either to produce the score or a MIDI
> file or supply this
> data to other applications, such as a MusicXML exporter?

Yes, that's the idea.
We had talked about the idea of providing something like an API where
"consumers" could take that data either from some serialization on disk or
(better) from some memory representation. Ideally such a converter should be
writable in different languages.

> Of course this would mean a lot of work.

Oh well, yes. That's why this doesn't exist yet ;-)