Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:24:46 +0200

Il giorno mar 18 set 2018 alle 10:54, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Am 18.09.2018 um 09:37 schrieb Vivyan:
Hi

I need to run lilypond on the raspberry pi. I can't finsd any sources that say how to? I would typically use the command sudo apt-get install .., which
has worked for frescobaldi but not lilypond?

That means that the exact Linux distribution you are running doesn't include the LilyPond package. But it's still easy to do: just download the distribution from the LilyPond website (either http://lilypond.org/unix.html for the "stable" release or http://lilypond.org/development.html for the "development" release (which is usually preferrable).

I don't think it's going to work, because IIRC Raspberry Pi runs an architecture (some kind of arm) for which we do not provide an installer.

Recently another user willing to use a development version instead of the stable of his debian repository asked how to easily build lilypond on Raspberry.