Re: New

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: New
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 04:22:39 -0700 (MST)

Bernhard Kleine wrote
> Something like
> legato = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:normal-text  "legato" ))
> in the header helped to bring in the Dynamics the legato etc. on line with
> \f etc. .
> But now I would like to have the 'legato' in italics.
>
> Obviously I can not deconstruct the instructions to achieve that tool.
>
> Please show me How!

Hi Bernhard,

All the "#:…." instructions in scheme are just the same as the "\…"
instructions in ordinary markup.
Keeping that in mind, #:normal-text is nothing else but \normal-text and it
is needed to switch back to normal text from the special \dynamic font used
for p, mf, fff, etc.

So, if you want the "legato" in italics, simply add #:italic

  legato = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:normal-text #:italic "legato" ))

C'est tout !

HTH,
Torsten