Re: GrandStaff vertical distance

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GrandStaff vertical distance
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:37:37 +0200

foxfanfare <address@hidden> writes:

> foxfanfare wrote
>> This works better for most of the
>> cases, but in this example, I was unable to group the celli and double
>> bass
>> staves...
>
> Answering my own problem here. I don't know how I got it, but after some
> experimentations, I found:
> \set StaffGroup.systemStartDelimiterHierarchy =
>       #'((SystemStartBrace a b) SystemStartL (SystemStartBrace a b))
>
> Piano_Concerto_Template.ly
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5604/Piano_Concerto_Template.ly>
>

> So, it appears it is possible to make everything work properly with
> systemStartDelimiterHierarchy. It appears to me as a non-sense then to use
> GrandStaff for this purpose. What do you guys think about this? Would it be
> useful to update the template in the documentation with this solution?
> Because in my opinion, the default output proposed there is
> unconventional...

Ugh.  That does not really look like much of a user-level interface.
But I suppose that a bracing structure that does not simultaneously
imply context hierarchies and causes spacing differences will definitely
be enough user-desirable feature that documenting the current way to
mess with it would be a good idea.

--
David Kastrup