lingot-devel

[Lingot-devel] GUI design

From: Jairo
Subject: [Lingot-devel] GUI design
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:44:00 +0200

Hello, everyone.

We wish someday lingot can be used in a lot of different platforms, with different GUI toolkits each one. This can be easily achieved if we bet for a very modular design of every part of lingot. In order to get this, we must focus the main effort on designing a common interface between the program's core and the user interface.

It's necessary to describe the communications between GUI and core, and it's also necessary to define the configuration parameters set accepted by the core. We want to offer an intuitive and easily understandable interface to the user, thinking of those ones that have no technical knowledge about signal processing.

Once the GUI-core communications are defined, anyone can work on porting lingot to a new platform; including that new adaptation will be very easy. The main idea is to hold several adaptations like that in the same project.

We're talking in abstract terms now, but a detailed specification will be available soon. Nowadays, everyone can participate giving us his/her opinion and ideas. Stay tuned!

The lingot team.