linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] ortp: processing incoming stream

From: Petr Kuba
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ortp: processing incoming stream
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:08:38 +0100

Simon Morlat wrote:
Thanks for pointing this problem. I think it is windows specific, since
on linux I never saw with programs running hundred of calls
simultaneously.
There is probably a windows-specific api to have random numbers with
threads.

I've never tried to compare rand() behavior on windows and on linux but you are right. I've tested it now and this is really windows-specific feature. On linux it is enough to call srand() only once per process while on windows it must be called per thread. Interesting information, thanks.

Petr